Paul Gerald's 2nd edition of Breakfast in Bridgetown is out!
I don’t usually have multiple plans on a weekday night but next Tuesday , December 14th there are three fantastic food events that I’m not going to miss and all of them are free and open to the public. I don’t know how I’m going to pack them all in but I will. Here’s the scoop…
Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday!
Breakfast in Bridgetown Party
5:30-8pm @ Cafe Nell
My friend and fellow PDX writer Paul Gerald is throwing a killer breakfast-for-dinner launch party for the second edition of his Breakfast in Bridgetown book at Cafe Nell. There’s no charge to attend but you do need to RSVP here.
Here are the details straight from the source:
* Cafe Nell is at the corner of NW 20th and Kearney, and they do have a parking lot.
* “Breakfast for dinner” provided by Cafe Nell, including cups of hash, quartered Monte cristo sandwiches, house made pork sausages, Pumpkin breads, shrimp and grits, silver dollar pumpkin pancakes. Mmm!
* Signed breakfast books for $16 each, or two for $30.
* $2 from every sale will be donated to the Oregon Food Bank.
* Full bar available with amazing cocktails
* Short program around 6:30, with comments from the author, contributors Nick Zukin of ExtraMSG.com and Brett Burmeister of FoodCartsPortland.com, and perhaps a little snippet from Portland’s appearance in the PBS documentary Breakfast Special.
This is how in the field, literally, a Friends of Family Farmers internship can be.
Friends of Family Farmers End of the Year Celebration and InFARMation
5:30-10pm @ Holocene
Come out and celebrate the end of the year with one of my favorite local organizations — Friends of Family Farmers. One of the best part of the night is the silent auction that will benefit FOFF programs and initiatives. Here’s the schedule followed by a list of some of the awesome items that will be on auction…
5:30 Door to Holocene Open – come early to order food, get drinks (food and drink is not paid for so bring your $) and socialize
6:15 Friends of Family Farmers – don’t miss this short presentation of our programs and successes over the last year, pretty impressive for such a small group if we say so ourselves.
6:30 Silent Auction Starts, Live Acoustic Music & MC
8:00 Silent Auction Ends, Live Auction Starts – some of the bigger auction items will be dealt with by our auctioneer
8:15/30 Greasy Chain String Band – dancing and celebrating! Winners get to cash out and take home their items!
This InFARMation (and Beer!) is 21+, so don’t forget your ID.
Some of the many amazing items on the silent auction list…
* Pig Butchery Class Gift Certificate – Portland Meat Collective & Camas Davis
* Private Breadmaking Class with Professional Baker from Nostrana – Giana Bernardini
* Raw Honey-White Clover, Raspberry Blossom & Forest Wildflower- Mountain Meadow Honey Co.
* Loaf of Rustic Bread per Month for One Year – Grand Central Bakery
* Pizza Gift Certificate – Hot Lips Pizza
* Fruit Trees from Local Sustainable Nursery – One Green World Nursery
* Three Night Romantic Getaway in Yachats Cabin – Sue Tate & Dave Morgan
* Widmer Party Pack (1/4 Barrell, Tap & Tub, Sleeve of Cups and Ice) – Widmer Brewing
* Basket of Rogue goodies and Rogue Beer – Rogue Ales
* Magnum of Bethel Heights Justice Vineyards 2007 Estate Pinot Noir – Bethel Heights Vineyard
* Handcrafted Wood Cutting Board – The Joinery
* One-Year Family Membership to OMSI
* $75 Gift Certificate to to 50 Plates in the Pearl – Ginger Rapport of 50 Plates
* $50 Gift Certificate for Feed Concentrates – Concentrates NW
* Laptop Lunch Box – Mirador Community Store
* $75 Gift Certificate to Meriwether’s Restaurant. Specializing in Farm to Table Meals
* $50 Gift Certificate Higgins Restaurant & Bar. Cuisine rooted in our Northwest Soil
* $20 Gift Certificate from the Urban Farm Store, a Family-Owned and Operated Local Business
* Farmer Love Basket – A Collection of Goodies from Naomi’s Organic Farm Supply
* 2 Tickets to to the September 24th Farm to Fork Farm Dinner at Kiyokawa Family Orchards
* Holiday Wreath Lovingly Handcrafted with Local Greens by Kelly Ingram
Food Innovation Center’s Time to Market Showcase
6-9pm @ the Food Innovation Center
I already wrote about this fantastic event in this week’s Willamette Week so I’ll just point you in their direction for the scoop.